We all love our pets, and who wants to think about them cooped up in a dog kennel back home? And, while it may be a bit more expensive than just bring your 2-legged companions, going on that trip of a lifetime with your pets can be a blast for everyone!
Here are our top five spots for you and your furry friends:
1. Lake Tahoe’s Camp Winnaribbun: Camp Winnaribbun is for the pet owner (and the pet) looking for that perfect mix of relaxation, outdoor playtime, and education. With activities like guided hikes, agility training, and the inevitably hilarious costume contest, Camp Winnaribbun provides enough variety in its activities that even the most uptight pup will end up having a great time.
2. Cape San Blas, Florida: This relatively undeveloped stretch of coastline is great for those looking for a more tropical experience. Made up of great bicycle paths, pristine beaches, and charming inns and bed breakfasts, many of which are pet friendly, Cape San Blas is the best example of a pet-friendly tropical escape.
3. The Heart of the Catskills, NY: With several pet-friendly hotels, and even more pet-friendly hiking trails, many of which have guides to provide information about the best photo-ops and the local history. With such famous sights as the Kaaterskill Falls, the largest waterfall in New York, this beautiful area will get you – and your pet – more in touch with nature and is incredibly inspiring.
4. Vermont’s Paw House Inn: Located in the always beautiful state of Vermont, The Paw House Inn caters to dog owners and their canine companions. The Inn has a spa, several play areas, and is minutes away from the local ski slopes, making for a lower cost option with just as much fun.
5. San Francisco, California: One of the most walkable cities in America, with an upbeat and fun atmosphere and close proximity to the great outdoors, San Fransisco is the top doggy destination for those looking for a more metropolitan experience. The wide selection of hotels available is another great perk.